Iris Goldner Lang, LL.M. (LSE), Ph.D. (Zagreb), is a Jean Monnet professor of EU law at the University of Zagreb - Faculty of Law. She is one of the academic coordinators of the Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence “EU’s Global Leadership in the Rule of Law”, the holder of the UNESCO Chair on Free Movement of People, Migration and Inter-Cultural Dialogue and a member of the Steering Committee of the UNESCO Unit for Bioethics and Law at the University of Zagreb – Faculty of Law. She works at the Department of European Public Law, which she chaired from 2013 until 2015.
She held visiting positions at Harvard Law School and at University College London (UCL). She was a John Harvey Gregory Visiting Professor of Law and World Organization and a Fulbright Visiting Researcher at Harvard Law School in 2015/16 and a Visiting Researcher at University College London (summer 2017) and at Harvard Law School (summer 2018). She was also an invited lecturer at the Court of Justice of the EU, the European Parliament, LSE, University of Stockholm, University of Vienna, University of Lisbon, Vrije Universiteit Brussels, Alpbach Forum Summer School, Harvard Law School, Boston University, Temple University, etc. As a British Government Chevening Scholar, she earned her LL.M. degree at the London School of Economics (LSE). She did part of her doctoral research at the LSE and as an Ernst-Mach Scholar at the Johannes Kepler University in Linz, Austria.
Prof. Goldner Lang has been the leader of two Jean Monnet Modules "EU Migration Law and Policy" and "EU Internal Market Law", which she regularly teaches at the University of Zagreb. She is a member of the Advisory Board of the Horizon 2020 project 'Reconciling Science, Innovation and Precaution through the Engagement of Stakeholders (RECIPES), led by the Maastricht University. She is the president of the Croatian Society for European Law (FIDE branch), the Croatian representative in the Odysseus Monnet Network for Immigration and Asylum and a member of the Board of Trustees of the Academy of European Law (ERA). She is the Editor-In-Chief of the Croatian Yearbook of European Law and Policy and a member of the ERA Board Forum Advisory Board. She is the editor of three books and the author of a number of articles, chapters in books and an authored book titled From Association to Accession: How Free is the Free Movement of Persons in the EU?.
Prof. dr. sc. Iris Goldner Lang, LL.M. (LSE), Ph.D. (Zagreb) je Jean Monnet profesorica europskog prava i voditeljica UNESCO-ove katedre za slobodno kretanja osoba, migracije i interkulturalni dijalog.
Prof. Goldner Lang borovila je na Harvard Law School u 2015/2016. akademskoj godini u statusu gostujućeg profesora (John Harvey Gregory Visiting Professor of Law and World Organization) i Fulbright gostujućeg znanstvenika (Fulbright Visitng Researcher). U lipnju/srpnju 2017. godine ponovo je u statusu Visiting Researcher na Harvard Law School, gdje, u okviru Harvard Law School Immigration and Refugee Clinic, održava seriju predavanja. U lipnju/srpnju 2018. godine boravi na University College London (UCL) kao Visiting Academic.
Diplomirala je pravo na Pravnom fakultetu u Zagrebu te engleski jezik i književnost na Filozofskom fakultetu u Zagrebu. Kao Chevening stipendist britanske Vlade, magistrirala je pravo (LL.M.) na London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE) u Londonu. Dio doktorskog istraživanja provela je na LSE-u, a dio, kao Ernst-Mach stipendist, na Institutu za europsko pravo Johannes Kepler Sveucilišta u Linzu (Austrija). Doktorirala je 2005. na Pravnom fakultetu u Zagrebu. Pravosudni ispit položila je 2001. Kao stažist radila je u Europskoj komisiji baveći se pitanjima proširenja EU.
Od jeseni 2018. godine prof. Goldner Lang jedna je od koordinatorica Jean Monnet centra izvrsnosti na Pravnom fakultetu u Zagrebu. Bila je voditeljica dva Jean Monnet modula: 'EU Internal Market Law' i 'EU Migration Law and Policy', koje i dalje izvodi u okviru nastave na Pravnom fakultetu. Uz redovna predavanja na Sveučilištu u Zagrebu, sudjeluje u programima cjeloživotnog obrazovanju sudaca, državnih službenika i pravnika-linguista. Održala je više gostujućih predavanja u RH i inozemstvu (Harvard Law School, Boston University, Termpe University (Philadelphia), LSE, Sveučilište u Stockholmu, Sveučilište u Beču, Sveučilište u Lisabonu, Sud EU, Europski parlament, ljetna škola Alpbach Foruma, Vrije Universiteit Brussels, Ured Predsjednika RH, itd.). Bila je članica tri radne skupine za pripremu pregovora RH s EU te članica nacionalnih radnih skupina za izradu prijedloga Zakona o strancima, Zakona o uslugama i za implementaciju Direktive 2011/24 o pravima pacijenata u prekograničnoj zdravstvenoj skrbi. Bila je ekspert u dva projekta u području telemedicine Ministarstva zdravlja RH. Izlagala je na brojnim međunarodnim konferencijama, urednica je tri knjige i objavila je niz članaka, poglavlja u knjigama i knjige „Sloboda kretanja ljudi u EU: Kontekst sporazuma o pridruživanju“ i “From Association to Accession: How Free is the Free Movement of Workers“. Glavna je urednica Croatian Yearbook of European Law and Policy. Predsjednica je Hrvatske udruge za europsko pravo (Croatian Society for European Law - CroSEL) koja je ogranak International Federation of European Law (FIDE). Članica je Croatian European Union Studies Association (CEUSA), UACES (University Association for Contemporary European Studies), Odysseus Network i Upravnog odbora jedinice UNESCO Katedre za bioetiku i pravo Sveučilišta u Zagrebu.
- Human Rights and Legitimacy in the Implementation of EU Asylum and Migration Law, in S. Vöneky and G. L. Neuman (eds.), Human Rights, Democracy, and Legitimacy in a World of Disorder, Cambridge University Press, pp. 234-262, 2018.
- The European Union and Migration: An Interplay of National, Regional and International Law, American Journal of International Law (AJIL) Unbound 111, pp. 509-513, 2018.
- Self-Organisation of Third-Country Nationals in the EU: Polycentric Governance by the 'Other', in J. Van Zeben and A. Bobic (eds.), Polycentricity in the European Union, Cambridge University Press, 2019, pp. 186-207.
- Croatia and EU Asylum Law: Playing on the Sidelines of at the Centre of Events?, in V. Stoyanova and E. Karageorgiou (eds.), The New Asylum and Transit Countries in Europe During and in the Aftermath of the 2015/2016, Crisis, Brill, 93-112, forthcoming in 2018.
- The EU Financial and Migration Crises: Two Crises – Many Facets of Solidarity, in A. Biondi, E. Dagilyte & E. Küçük (eds.), Solidarity in EU Law: Legal Principle in the Making, Edward Elgar Publishing, pp. 133-160, 2018.
- Article 80 TFEU: Solidarity in EU Asylum, Migration and Border Controls, in The Treaty on the Functioning of the European Union (TFEU) – A Commentary, Hermann-Josef Blanke and Stelio Mangiameli (eds.), Springer, forthcoming in 2019.
- The Constitution of Croatia in the Perspective of European and Global Governance, in A. Albi and S. Bardutzky (eds.), National Constitutions in European and Global Governance: Democracy, Rights the Rule of Law, forthcoming in 2018 (co-authored with Z. Durdevic and M. Mataija).
- Regulating Breaches of Professional Ethics and Conducting Disciplinary Proceedings Against Physicians, in M. Buijsen, H. Roscam Abbing & A. den Exter (eds.), Compendium in European Health Law, Maklu Publishers, 2017, pp. 669-700 (co-authored with S. Roksandic Vidlicka, and A. Marsavelski).
- EU Public Health and Food Regulation, in Research Handbook in EU Health Law and Policy (eds. T. Hervey and C. Young, Edward Elgar, 2017, pp. 398-428.
- The Unavoidable Effects of the UK Referendum on the European Union, Harvard International Law Journal (online edition), 8 June 2016 (co-authored with Samuel H. Chang)
- European Union Banking Law: National Report – Croatia, in European Banking Union, FIDE, Wolters Kluwer, 2016, pp. 55-66 (co-authored with M. Lang)
- EU Mobility Regimes and Visa Policy towards ENP Countries, European University Institute Robert Schuman Centre for Advanced Studies (EUI RSCAS) Policy Papers, 2015/79 (co-authored with P. Dumas)
- Europsko pravo kao okvir pravosudne suradnje u kaznenim stvarima (EU Law as the Framework for Judicial Cooperation in Criminal Matters), Hrvatski ljetopis za kazneno pravo i praksu, Vol. 2/2014, pp. 239-248.
- Croatia - National Report, The Economic and Monetary Union: Constitutional and Institutional Aspects of the Economic Governance Within the EU – FIDE, Vol. 1, Djoef Publishing (eds. Neergaard, Jacqueson & Danielsen), 2014, pp. 280-291 (co-authored with M. Lang).
- The Reach of EU Citizenship Rights for “Static” EU Citizens: Time to Move On?, in A.P. Dourado (ed.), Movement of Persons and Tax Mobility in the European Union: Changing Winds, IBFD, 2014, forthcoming
- Is There Solidarity on Asylum and Migration in the EU?, 9 Croatian Yearbook of European Law and Policy, 2013, pp. 1-14.
- Pravo pacijenata na prekograničnu zdravstvenu skrb u Europskoj uniji (The Right of Patients to Cross-Border Healthcare in the European Union), in Liber Amicorum Prof.dr.sc. Petar Klarić (Essays in Honor of Prof. Dr. Petar Klarić), Pravni fakultet u Zagrebu, 2013, pp. 859-875.
- Euro Crisis, European Advocate (Journal of the Bar European Group, UK), 2013, pp. 6-8.
- The Impact of Enlargement(s) on the EU Institutions and Decision-Making, Yearbook of European Law, Oxford Journals, Vol. 31(1), 2012, pp.473-502.
- Croatia – National Report (co-authored with Z. Đurđević and M. Munivrana Vajda), The Area of Freedom, Security and Justice, Including Information Society Issues – FIDE XXV National Reports (ed. Laffranque), Tartu University Press, 2012, pp. 235-259.
- Prethodni postupak u pravu EU - Suradnja nacionalnih sudova s Europskim sudom (Preliminary Reference Procedure in EU Law – Cooperation between National Courts and the Court of Justice) (eds. T. Ćapeta, I. Goldner Lang, T. Perišin and S. Rodin), Narodne novine, 2011.
- From Association to Accession: How Free is the Free Movement of Persons in the EU, Eleven International Publishing, 2011.
- Free Movement of Services and Establishment in the Overseas (co-authored with T. Perišin), in D. Kochenov (ed.), EU Law in the Overseas Possessions of the Member States of the European Union, Kluwer Law International, 2011, pp. 179-198.
- Patient Mobility in the European Union: Pushing for EU Internal Health Market, Medicine and Law (Journal of the World Association of Medical Law), Volume 28, Number 4 (December 2009), pp. 661-672.
- Languages as a Barrier to Free Movement of Persons in the European Union, in Curriculum, Multilingualism and the Law (ed. L. Socanac, C. Goddard, L. Kremer), Nakladni zavod Globus, 2009, pp. 175-191.
- Reforma Europske unije – Lisabonski ugovor (The Reform of the European Union – The Lisbon Treaty) (eds. S. Rodin, T. Ćapeta and I. Goldner Lang), , Narodne novine, Zagreb, 2009.
- Justifying National Barriers to the Provision of Services: Before and After the Services Directive, in Internal Market for Services (ed. R. Knez), International Jean Monnet Conference Collection of Papers, Faculty of Law, University of Maribor, 2009, pp. 57-65.