I was born on 10 July 1967 in Bisko, Croatia. I finished high school, Education Centre for Languages, in Zagreb.
1988 I graduated from a four-year study of religious pedagogy and catechetical ministry at the Catechetical Institute at the Catholic Theological Faculty in Zagreb.
1990 I started studying social work at the Faculty of Law in Zagreb, and I graduated in 1994. During my studies I participated in two projects: 1991/2 - "Action approach to help families in community development" where I worked with children of elementary-school age who have learning disabilities; 1992/3 - "Psychological assistance to displaced persons" - working with refugee children who have problems with learning and behaviour in general. On the fourth year of my studies I volunteered as a student assistant in conducting workshops within the course "Social work with families."
As a student I received two awards: 1991/2 as the best student of her generation, and 1993/4 as the best graduate social worker.
After graduation, I started postgraduate studies at the Faculty of Medicine, Department of Social Psychiatry.
1999 I defended master thesis entitled: "The association of sociodemographic and psychological characteristics in adapting to life in a retirement home" at the Faculty of Medicine in Zagreb, and was elected to the status of an assistant.
My doctoral dissertation entitled: "The attitudes of elder people to death and dying" I defended 2004 at the Faculty of Law in Zagreb.
For Assistant Professor I was elected 2009, and as Chair of Social Gerontology in 2011.
I was elected and appointed Associate Professor in 2013.
Since 1995, I have been employed at the Study Centre for Social Work, the University of Zagreb, at the Department of Social Gerontology, where within the eponymous course I am responsible for seminar lectures and field work. After obtaining authorisation, I maintain exams. From 2003 to today I undertake lectures, seminars, workshops and field work. Since 2011 I have been teaching at graduate level, leading the course Selected Areas – the Elderly, and since 2012 I also give lectures in the elective course Palliative Care. As part of the postgraduate studies in the theory and methodology of social work, I prepared two elective courses: Selected Topics in Social Gerontology and Palliative Care for the Elderly.
As a mentor, I monitored more than 60 theses.
I participated in 13 international conferences and two domestic meetings and has published 20 scientific papers.
Of my professional and vocational activities I point out the following:
• 2006-2008 Participation in an international project Long-Term Care in Central and South Eastern Europe, Institute for Social Policy, Vienna University of Economics and Business Administration, Vienna, Österreich.
• 2012-2014 Co-leader of the project Caregivers of Elderly Persons in Families in the Area of Zagreb financed by the City Office for Social Protection and People with Disabilities in Zagreb.
• Since 1999, I have been involved in reality therapy education, and in 2003 I earned the certificate.
• 2001 I stayed at the one-month professional training in palliative care at Hospice Buffalo, Buffalo, New York, USA.
• I completed the training in Active Learning and Critical Thinking, Zagreb, 2011- 2013.
• I went to summer school: Social Work in the Community, Zagreb, 1-6 July 2012.
• As invited lecturer, I gave lectures at the postgraduate course of continuing medical education of the first category: Treatment of Pain in Children – Palliative Care, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014.
• Since 2013, co-leader of the IUC course in Dubrovnik: Contemporary Issues in Social Work: Working with Old Age.
• Invited lecturer at the University of Ljubljana, Faculty of Social Work – March 12, 2013. Topics of presentation: Introduction to Palliative Care and Communication in Palliative Care.
From 2002 to 2014, I actively participated as a volunteer (lecturer and organiser) of a number of courses for volunteers in palliative care, one terminal palliative care course for physicians in primary health care / family medicine and one palliative care course for employees of homes for the elderly and disabled and homes for mentally ill persons.
2003-2004 Head of the Croatian Association of Hospice Friends.
2002-2004 Member of the Commission for Palliative Care of the Ministry of Health and Social Welfare.
2011 Member of the working group for drafting the national programme of strategic development of intergenerational solidarity services for the elderly at the Ministry of Family, Veterans and Intergenerational Solidarity.
Since 1999 I have been a member of the Croatian Association of Social Workers and the Croatian Association for Hospice and Palliative Care, and since 2014 a member of the Croatian Chamber of social workers.
Published papers recorded in the Croatian Scientific Bibliography Database (CROSBI)
Note: this list of papers is located in an maintained by the Ruđer Bošković Institute which
is in charge of the Croatian Scientific Bibliography Database (CROSBI). This link will take you
to the appropriate CROSBI page of this person, containing a list of papers they have themselves entered in the database.
For further information and for instructions on changing the above data, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Copyright 2018 - Pravni fakultet, Sveučilište u Zagrebu, sva prava pridržana.