Nikoleta Radionov is a full professor with tenure of maritime and transport law and chair of the Department of Maritime and Transport Law at the University of Zagreb School of Law. She teaches various courses in maritime law, land transport law, aviation law, EU transport law and transport insurance law at both graduate and post-graduate level. Since 2016 she is the president of Croatian Transport Law Association and vice-president of Croatian Academy of Legal Sciences. Since 2012 she is the member of executive board of the Croatian Maritime Law Association. Prof. Radionov graduated from Zagreb School of Law in 1994, obtained her LL.M. degree in 1998, and her Ph.D. degree in 2002 at the same institution with a doctoral thesis „Carrier's liability for damages in land transport“. She has been employed by the Zagreb School of Law since 1995 where she holds a permanent teaching position since 2002. In 1999 she passed the Croatian Bar exam. She is an arbitrator at the Permanent Arbitration Court at the Croatian Chamber of Commerce. Prof. Radionov pursued her doctoral and post-doctoral researches at some of the leading international institutions in the field of international commercial, transport and criminal law (Hamburg, Rhodes, Aix-en-Provence, Turin, Florence, Freiburg, Edinburgh). She is the author or co-author of two books, several book chapters and over 30 articles in the field of land, air and maritime transport law, EU transport law and transport insurance law. She was the president of the Organizing Committee of the “International Transport and Insurance Law Conference – INTRANSLAW” held in Zagreb in 2015 and 2017. Under the auspices of the Croatian Transport Law Association she coordinates the organization of numerous seminars, workshops and round tables for the transport and insurance law industry both in Croatia as well as the countries in the region. During her carrier, she has participated in several legislation drafting working groups (Railways Act, Maritime Code, Civil Obligations Act). She was a researcher at three, and project coordinator of one scientific project (2008-2013) funded by Croatian Ministry of Education and Science and Croatian Science Foundation. In 2017 and 2018 prof. Radionov was a visiting lecturer at the China University of Political Sciences and Law (CUPL) in Beijing and East China University of Political Sciences and Law (ECUPL) in Shanghai. Her research interest lay in land and aviation law, human rights of seafarers, EU transport law and transport insurance law. She speaks English, French, Italian, German and Spanish.
Graduation year: 1994
mr.sc. graduation year: 1998
PhD graduation year: 2002
Employed since: 1994
Public phone number:
00385 1 4597 529
Trg Republike Hrvatske 3, soba 22/I.
Maritime and General Transport Law
Tuesday, 14-15 pm, TRH3, 22/1
THE SENDER’S AND CARRIER’S OBLIGATIONS CONCERNING CUSTOMS AND OTHER FORMALITIES ACCORDING TO THE CMR CONVENTION
CMR-SDR Protocol 1978 in Force in South-East Europe: Uniformity, almost
Suspension of the period of limitation under the CMR and silence of the carrier: new approach
Written form of the contract of carriage by road in Croatia: Why and at what cost?
Judicial Interpretation of the CMR; Country report: Croatia/ Hrvatska
THE IMPACT OF IRREGULAR MIGRATIONS, SMUGGLING AND HUMAN TRAFFICKING ON THE LAND TRANSPORT INDUSTRY: THE CROATIAN CASE
The Impact of Irregular Migrations, Smuggling and Human Trafficking on the Land Transport Industry: The Croatian Case
Suspension of the Period of Limitation Under the CMR and Silence of the Carrier: New Approach
Funding of the universal broadband internet access service: new challenges for Croatia
Transport law towards the future : proceedings of the 2nd International Transport and Insurance Law Conference, October 12-13 2017, Zagreb, Croatia
New Road Carriers' Liability Regime in Croatia and Lessons from the Old Normative Anomalies for the Neighbouring Countries
EDI-CMR Protocol 2008: A step in the right direction
Limitation of liability right in road freight carriage in Croatia: an extinct institute
Transport Community: Background and challenges
Trafficking and Smuggling by Sea, Maritime Challenges
(Un)fair clause in automobile liability insurance contract towards third (AL): "Leasing-Leasing" case
Liberalization of Network Industries and Public Regulatory Function
COLLISION BETWEEN VEHICLES OWNED BY THE SAME LEASING COMPANY AND THE ISSUE OF THIRD PARTY IN AUTOMOBILE LIABILITY INSURANCE
Real rights on railway infrastructure
Limitation of liability of the railway carrier for damage to goods
European Transport Law
Property Law - Special Legal Orders
PRESUMPTION OF SHIPMASTER’S CRIMINAL RESPONSIBILITY FOR NARCOTIC DRUGS IN SHIP’S CARGO – MARITIME REALITY CHECK
Croatian Law on Road Traffic Safety
Criminal liability (or not) of the master of the ship for trafficking
Liability of the master of the ship for trafficking
Drivers' Liability in Traffic
Liability of the road freight carrier and insurance issues
Passenger's rights in case of denied boarding, cancelled flight or long delays (part 1)
Passenger's rights in case of denied boarding, cancelled flight or long delays (part 2)
Proprietary Rights Regarding Rail Infrastructure - View following the Reform of the Railway System
Protection of the Rights of Passengers in Road Transport and the Role of Insurance
Liability of the Road Freight Carrier in Croatian Legal Framework
Contractual liability of the road freight carrier
Autonomous underwater vehicles : new term in Croatian maritime law
Liability of the Road Freight Carrier and the Reform of Croatian Road Transport Law: Impossible Mission?
The Transport Contract According to the Law of Obligations of 2005: Background of the modifications
Creation of the Common Transport Policy of the EU
Railway act 2003- Are We in Time for Train?
Why does Croatia have (no more) the Regulation on the Contract on Road Transport ?
The Market of Road Transport Services in Croatia: do the Roads Lead to the EU?
Autonomous underwater vehicles : new term in Croatian maritime law
Loss of the Right to Limitation of Liability of the Road Carier With Reference to Court Practice
Liberalization of Rail Transport and State Subsidies to Railways
Road Freight Transport Services in Croatia According to the 2004 Road Transport Act: Wise Harmonization With the Acquis or Sand in the Eyes?
Liability of the carrier under the contract in land transport
Liability of the Carrier for Passengers and Luggage in Land Transportation
The Comparative Survey of the Transporter's Responsibility for the Transportation of Things by Road and by Train (New Croatian Transportation Law in the Light of International Regulations)
The Basis and the Type of the Carrier‘s Liability for Damages of Goods Transported by Road
Limitation of Liability of Carriers in Road Transport of Goods
1.. Radionov, N.-Savić, I.: IMPACT OF IRREGULAR MIGRATIONS, SMUGGLING AND HUMAN TRAFFICKING ON THE LAND TRANSPORT INDUSTRY: CROATIAN CASE u: Derenčinović, D. (ur): TRANSCRIM Hrestomatija radova s projekta „Multidisciplinarni klaster za istraživanje tranzicijskog kriminaliteta - trgovanje ljudima, korupcija i gospodarski kriminalitet – TRANSCRIM" ("Multidisciplinary Research Cluster on Crime in Transition - Trafficking in Human Beings, Corruption and Economic Crime – TRANSCRIM"), HRZZ-IP-2013-11-1949, financiranog od strane Hrvatske zaklade za znanost.
2Radionov Nikoleta: „Suspension of the period of limitation under the CMR and silence of the carrier: new approach“ in: Petit Lavall, Ma V.-Puetz, A.: El transporte como motor del desarrollo socioeconómico“, Marcial Pons, 2018., str. 143-158.
3 Radionov, N.: „Normative anomalies of the road carriers' liability regime in Croatia and the SEE region“ u Thomas, D.R. and Lamont-Black, S. (eds): „Current Issues in Freight Forwarding: law and logistics“, Lawtext Publishing Limited, Edinburgh, UK, 2017.
4 Radionov, Nikoleta; Padovan, Adriana Vincenca.“(Ne)poštena ugovorna odredba u ugovoru o osiguranju automobilske odgovornosti prema trećima (AO): Slučaj leasing-leasing“ ((Un)fair clause in automobile liability insurance contract towards third (AL): "Leasing-Leasing" case) in: Nepoštene ugovorne odredbe - Europski standardi i hrvatska provedba : zbornik radova / Tomljenović, Vesna ; Petrić, Silvija ; Mišćenić, Emilia (ur.). Rijeka : Pravni fakultet, 2013. 165-188
5 Radionov Radenković, N.: Ugovor o prijevozu prema ZOO 2005: pozadina izmjena (Contract of Carriage According to the Law of Obligations of 2005: Background of the Modifications) in: „Liber amicorum Nikola Gavella: Građansko pravo u razvoju“ / Gliha; Josipović, T.; Belaj; Baretić; Nikšić; Ernst; Keglević; Matanovac (eds.), Zagreb, Pravni fakultet Sveučilišta u Zagrebu, 2007., p. 659-683.
6 Radionov Radenković, N.:«Contract of Carriage by Road and the Reform of Croatian Road Transport Law: Mission impossible?» in: Martinez Sanz, Fernando ; Petit Lavall ; Maria Victoria ; Putz, Achim ; Sales Pallares, Lorena (eds.): „Aspectos juridicos y economicos del transporte - Hacia un transporte mas seguro, sostenible y eficiente“, Publications Universitat Jaume I, Castello de la Plana, 2007., p. 325-337.
1. Radionov, Nikoleta- Savić, Iva: „Impact of illegal migrations, smuggling and human trafficking on the land transport industry: Croatian case“, Poredbeno pomorsko pravo/Comparative Maritime Law, Vol. 58, No. 173, 2019, p. 103-149.
2. Radionov, Nikoleta: „Limitation of liability right in road freight carriage in Croatia: an extinct institute“; Uniform Law Review - Revue de droit uniforme Vol. 21, 4/2016; doi: 10.1093/ulr/unw035
3. Radionov, N. – Mišković Aguilar, M.: „EDI-CMR Protokol 2008: Korak u pravom smjeru“ (EDI-CMR PROTOCOL 2008 : A step in the right direction), Poredbeno pomorsko pravo/Comparative Maritime Law, Vol. 55 br. 170, 2016, str. 49-68.
4. Popović, Nikola; Radionov, Nikoleta. „Liberalizacija mrežnih djelatnosti i javnopravna regulacijska funkcija“ (Liberalization of Network Industries and Public Regulatory Function) in: Hrvatska i komparativna javna uprava. 13 (2013) ; 821-857
5. Radionov, Nikoleta: „Transportna zajednica: pozadina i izazovi“ (Transport Community: Background and Challenges) in: Godišnjak Akademije pravnih znanosti Hrvatske. IV (2013), 1; 93-10.
6. Radionov, Nikoleta; Padovan, Adriana Vincenca: Sudar vozila u vlasništvu istog leasing društva i problem treće osobe iz AO osiguranja (Collision between Vehicles Owned by the Same Leasing Company and the Issue of Third Party in Automobile Liability Insurance). In: Zbornik Pravnog fakulteta u Zagrebu. 62 (2012) , 4; 1043-1076.
7. Radionov, Nikoleta.: „Ograničenje odgovornosti željezničkog prijevoznika za štete na robi“( Limitation of liability of the railway carrier for damage to goods) in: Zbornik Pravnog fakulteta u Zagrebu. 61 (2011) , 3; 869-896
8. Radionov, N.: Presumption of Shipmaster’s Criminal Responsibility for Narcotic Drugs In Ship’s Cargo – Maritime Reality Check, Poredbeno pomorsko pravo/Comparative Maritime Law, Vol. 49, No. 164, 2010., p. 269-308.;
9. Radionov, N.- Čop, R.: Hrvatski Zakon o sigurnosti prometa na cestama (Croatian Law on Road Traffic Safety), Pravo i društvo, 1/2010, p. 275-294., Belgrade, Serbia.;
10. Radionov, N.: Stvarna prava na željezničkoj infrastrukturi – pogled nakon reforme željezničkog sustava (Proprietary Rights Regarding Rail Infrastructure - View following the reform of the railway system), Zbornik Pravnog fakulteta u Zagrebu, br. 5/2009., p. 981-1014.;
11. Radionov, N.-Kocijan,I.: Prava putnika u slučaju uskraćenog ukrcaja, otkaza leta ili dužeg kašnjenja (Passenger's Rights in Case of Denied Boarding, Cancelled Flight or Long Delays) (part 2), Hrvatska pravna revija 10/2009.;
12. Radionov, N.-Kocijan,I.: Prava putnika u slučaju uskraćenog ukrcaja, otkaza leta ili dužeg kašnjenja (Passenger's Rights in Case of Denied Boarding, Cancelled Flight or Long Delays) (part 1), Hrvatska pravna revija 9/2009.;
13. Radionov, N.: Odgovornost cestovnog prijevoznika za robu i poslovi osiguranja (Liability of the Road Freight Carrier and the Role of Insurance), Osiguranje/Insurance, 12/2009, p. 34-44.;
14. Radionov Radenković, N.: Zaštita prava putnika u cestovnom prijevozu i uloga osiguranja (Protection of the Rights of Passengers in Road Transport and the Role of Insurance), Zbornik Pravnog fakulteta u Zagrebu 58 (2008), 1-2; str. 391-414.;
15. Radionov Radenković, N.: Tržište usluga prijevoza robe cestom u Hrvatkoj: Vode li ceste u EU? (The Market of Road Transport Services in Croatia: Do the Roads Lead to the EU?), Zbornik Pravnog fakulteta u Zagrebu 56, Supplement (2006), p. 567-590.
16. Radionov Radenković, N. – Manžuka, S.: Autonomne podvodne ronilice: Novi pojam hrvatskog pomorskog prava (Autonomous Underwater Vehicles: New Term in Croatian Maritime Law), Poredbeno pomorsko pravo/Comparative Maritime Law, 46(2007), No. 161, p. 41-62.;
17. Radionov Radenković, N.: Zašto Hrvatska (više) nema propis o ugovorima o prijevozu cestom? (Why does Croatia have (no more) the Regulation on the Contract on Road Transport), Hrvatska pravna revija 6/2006, p. 44-51.;
18. Radionov Radenković, N.- Bilandžija, A.: Zakon o željeznici 2003 – Stižemo li na vlak? (Railway Act 2003 – Are We In Time for Train?), Hrvatska pravna revija 1/2006, p.59-73.;
19. Radionov Radenković, N.- Popović, N.: Liberalizacija željezničkog prometa i državne potpore u željeznicama (Liberalization of Railway Transport and State Subsidies in Railways), Zbornik Pravnog fakulteta u Zagrebu, 6/2005,p.1461-1495.;
20. Radionov Radenković, N.: „Road Freight Transport Services in Croatia According to the 2004 Road Transport Act:Wise harmonization with the acquis or sand in the eyes?”, 9th Internatioanal Conference on Traffic Science (ICTS 2005), Portorož, Slovenia, Conference proceedings, CD-ROM., 2005.;
21. Radionov Radenković, N.: Gubitak prava na ograničenje odgovornosti prijevoznika u cestovnom prijevozu robe s osvrtom na sudsku praksu (Loss of the Right to Limitation of Liability of the Road Carrier With Reference to Court Practice), Zbornik Pravnog fakulteta u Zagrebu 2/2005, p. 419-447.;
22. Radionov Radenković, N.: Restrukturiranje tržišta željezničkog prometa u Europskoj uniji i nova Konvencija o željezničkom prijevozu (COTIF 1999) (Restructuring of the Rail Services Market in the European Union and the New Convention Concerning Carriage by Rail (COTIF 1999), Zbornik Pravnog fakulteta u Zagrebu, 3-4/2003, p. 845-873.;
23. Radionov, N.: Hrvatsko željezničko pravo i mjere prilagodbe pravu Europske unije prema Planu provedbe Sporazuma o stabilizaciji i pridruživanju (Croatian Railway Law and Measures to Conform with the European Union Law According to the Plan for Implemantation of the Stabilisation and Association Agreement), Zbornik Pravnog fakulteta u Rijeci, Suppl. 2/2002, p.307-324.;
24. Radionov, N.- Novačić, T.: Aktualnosti u sustavu odgovornosti zračnog prijevoznika – stari interesi i nova rješenja (Current Developments in the System of the Air Carrier’s Liability), Zbornik radova Pravnog fakulteta u Splitu 67-68 /2002, p. 413-430.;
25. Radionov, N.: Nadležnost suda u sporu na naknadu štete zbog tjelesne povrede putnika nastale uslijed sudara brodova (The Court Competency in Proceedings Arising from Passenger’s Injury Occured in the Collision of Ships), Hrvatska pravna revija 7/2002, p. 129-132.;
26. Radionov, N.: Komparativni prikaz odgovornosti prijevoznika za prijevoz stvari cestom i željeznicom (The Comparative Survey of the Carrier‘s Liability for the Carriage of Goods by Road and Rail), Vladavina prava 1/2000, p. 129-157.;
27. Radionov, N.: Odgovornost prijevoznika za putnike i prtljagu u kopnenom prijevozu (Carrier‘s Liability for Passangers and Luggage in Land Transportation), Vladavina prava 2/2000, p. 135-148.;
28. Radionov,N.: Osnova i vrsta odgovornosti prijevoznika za štetu u cestovnom prijevozu putnika (The Basis and the Type of the Carrier‘s Liability for Damages of Goods Transported by Road), Zbornik Pravnog fakulteta u Zagrebu 1-2/ 1998, p.199-220.;
29. Radionov,N.: Ograničenje odgovornosti prijevoznika u cestovnom prijevozu stvari (Limitation of Carrier‘s Liability in Road Transport of Goods), Zbornik Pravnog fakulteta u Zagrebu, 3/1998, p. 327-355.f
Croatian Transport Law Association (2016 - , president)
Croatian Academy of Legal Sciences (2018 - ,vice president)
2015- 2019: IP-1949: Multidisciplinary Research Cluster on Crime in Transition - Trafficking in Human Beings, Corruption and Economic Crime (Trans.Crim)
2016-2019 : 3061: Developing a Modern Legal and Insurance Regime for Croatian Marinas - Enhancing Competitiveness, Safety, Security and Marine Environmental Standards (DELICROMAR)
researcher, Croatian Ministry of science, education and sport, "Adjustment of Croatian civil law regulation to the European framework" (2002-2006).
Project Coordinator, Croatian Ministry of science, education and sport, "Croatian Transport Law and the Challenges of EU Single Market" (2007-2013
researcher, Faculty of Law, University of Zagreb, "New Croatian Legal System" (2002-).
Copyright 2023 - Pravni fakultet, Sveučilište u Zagrebu, sva prava pridržana.